By Ken Blue ~ January 24th, 2013. Filed under: TOPICAL.
By Ken Blue
I am aware that there are pastors who subconsciously do not want their church to grow. Fear and selfishness are the two main reasons. They fear they cannot pastor or lead a larger congregation. In addition, the existing attendance may be just enough to provide a salary, and also maintain a small family atmosphere. This article will be of little help to those in that category.
If you want to let your church grow, there are some specific things you must do.
• You must want it to grow. This must be a driving force in your heart and soul. You will get what your desire.
• You must strive to have a quality ministry in every aspect. Look around and ask yourself, what should we improve?
• Print first class quality invitations, and give people a reason to come.
• Stop trying to appeal to the saved. Make your target young couples.
• Have at least three special major events each year, and target the community. These events should be Christmas, Easter, and Independence Day. Pull out all the stops. Have something that will draw the lost to church. Make these yearly events. They will grow in time.
• To grow, you must have visitors, and they must come back. If you have unsaved visitors, you will have many conversions.
• Have new member classes about four times a year. Have all converts to attend these classes before they become members.
• You must train people to take places of service within the church, or you will not grow.
• You must have adequate parking and seating. Save the best parking for visitors.
• If you go to two services, you will reach those who like an early service. Also, it is cheaper to start additional services than it is to build new buildings.
• Finally, visit some churches that are a little larger than your own, and find out what they are doing to bring in the lost. Learn from those who are doing it. You must stop listening to the negative naysayers, who are doing nothing. God wants you to reach the lost at any cost. It cost Him His Son. You can do it, if you change your strategy and mentality.