By Ken Blue |
January 22nd, 2017. Filed under: ARTICLES, Bible Studies.
THE NEW COVENANT WITH ISRAEL.
IT MIGHT SURPRISE YOU TO KNOW THAT MOST CHRISTIANS DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A COVENANT AND A TESTAMENT. ODDLY ENOUGH, MANY ASSUME THAT THE CHURCH, THE BODY OF CHRIST, IS NOW UNDER THE NEW COVENANT. ALTHOUGH THERE ARE EIGHTY-FIVE CONTRASTs BETWEEN THE OLD AND THE NEW COVENANT, NEITHER THE OLD OR THE NEW WAS MADE WITH THE CHURCH. IT IS CLEAR THEY WERE MADE WITH ISRAEL.
- JESUS IS THE MEDIATOR OF THE NEW COVENANT.
- THE OLD COVENANT WAS ONE OF CONDEMNATION.
- THE NEW WAS MADE WITH ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
- THE NEW IS NOTHING LIKE THE OLD.
- THE NEW COVENANT WILL BE INSTALLED IN THE MILLENNIUM.
- GOD WILL CONVERT THE WHOLE NATION. “SO ALL ISRAEL WILL BE SAVED.”
- THE LORD WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND ISRAEL WILL BE HIS PEOPLE.
- THERE WILL NO WITNESSING FOR ALL IN THE LAND WILL KNOW HIM.
- GOD WILL IN MERCY, REMOVE THEIR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS AND THEIR INIQUITIES HE WILL NEVER REMEMBER.
- THIS IS THE NEW COVENANT PROMISED TO ISRAEL IN JEREMIAH 31:31-34.
“But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.” Hebrews 8:6-13